If you’re reading this, chances are you’re interested in being a guest on podcast. Maybe you have something to promote, or perhaps you just want to share your story with the world. Either way, appearing on a podcast can be a great way to get your message out there.
So how do you go about getting booked as a guest on a podcast? In this article, we’ll give you some tips and advice on how to be a successful podcast guest.
First and foremost, it’s important to find the right podcasts to pitch yourself to. There are literally thousands of podcasts out there, so it’s important to narrow down your search to ones that are relevant to your niche or area of expertise. Once you’ve found some potential podcasts, take some time to listen to a few episodes so you can get a feel for the show’s format and style.
Next, reach out to the podcast host and introduce yourself. Let them know why you’re interested in being a guest on their show, and offer up some ideas for topics that you could discuss. If the host is interested, they’ll usually follow up with some questions of their own. Be prepared to answer these questions thoughtfully and concisely, as this will give the host an idea of whether or not you’d be a good fit for their show.
Once you’ve been officially booked as a guest, it’s important to prepare for your appearance. This means doing your research on the show
Podcasts are a great way to connect with potential customers and promote your business. But how do you get started? Here are some tips on how to be a guest on a podcast:
1. Do your research. Make sure you know the podcast’s audience and what type of content they typically feature. This will help you tailor your appearance to the show.
2. Reach out to the host. Most podcasts are hosted by someone who is passionate about the topic. So reach out and introduce yourself! Tell them why you’re excited to be a guest on their show.
3. Be prepared. Once you’ve been booked as a guest, make sure you’re prepared for the interview. This means doing your homework on the podcast and the host, as well as preparing some talking points ahead of time.
4. Be engaging. The best guests are those who are engaging and interesting to listen to. So make sure you bring your A-game to the interview!
Find Some Podcasts to Be a Guest On
If you want to be a guest on podcasts, the best place to start is by finding some podcasts that you’re interested in and that align with your area of expertise. Once you’ve found some potential shows, reach out to the hosts and inquire about being a guest.
When reaching out, be sure to mention why you think you’d be a great fit for their show and what value you can provide their listeners. Be professional and courteous, and follow any instructions the host provides. If everything goes well, you’ll soon be booked as a guest on a great podcast!
When you’re a guest on a podcast, you’re usually there to talk about a particular topic. But that doesn’t mean you can’t take the opportunity to meet new people and expand your network.
If you’re not sure how to start, here are some tips:
1. Make an effort to talk to everyone before and after the recording. This includes the hosts, other guests, and any staff or production crew.
2. Ask questions and be interested in what others have to say. People love talking about themselves, so this is an easy way to make friends and connections.
3. Exchange business cards or contact information with anyone you’d like to stay in touch with. This is a great way to follow up after the podcast and continue the conversation.
4. Offer your own expertise or resources if you think it would be helpful to someone else. This is a great way to make yourself memorable and build goodwill among your new contacts.
Make your “80/20 list” of podcast targets
When it comes to being a guest on a podcast, it’s important to target the shows that are most likely to be a good fit for you and your message. To do this, make a list of your “ideal” podcasts to target. These are the shows that you feel would be the best platform for you to reach your target audience.
To make sure you’re targeting the right podcasts, start by identifying your ideal listener. Who do you want to reach with your message? What kind of show do they listen to? Once you know who your ideal listener is, you can start to identify which podcasts they’re likely to be listening to.
Next, take a look at each podcast on your list and identify what makes them a good fit for you. What is it about their format or topics that makes them a good match for your message? When you’ve narrowed down your list to the best possible matches, reach out to the hosts and pitch yourself as a guest.
Explore other places to find podcasts that fit
There are many other great places to look for podcasts that fit what you’re looking for. iTunes is a great place to start, but you can also check out Stitcher, Blubrry, Podbean, and more. You can also use Google to search for specific topics or keywords related to podcasts. Once you find a few promising options, take a listen to a few episodes to get a feel for the show and see if it’s a good fit for you.
Get Your Outreach Emails Ready
If you want to be a guest on someone’s podcast, you need to have your outreach emails ready. Here are some tips on how to get your outreach emails ready so that you can be a successful guest on a podcast:
1. Do your research – Before you even start drafting your email, make sure that you have done your research on the podcast you’re targeting. This means listening to several episodes, taking note of the format and topics covered, and getting a feel for the tone and style of the show. Only when you are confident that you would be a good fit for the podcast should you move on to step 2.
2. Keep it short and sweet – Your email should be no longer than a paragraph or two. In fact, the shorter your email is, the better. Get straight to the point and explain why you would make a great guest on their show. Include 1-2 bullet points about what topics you would like to discuss and why you think those topics would be of interest to their audience.
3. Personalize each email – Generic “spray-and-pray” emails are a surefire way to get your message deleted without being read. Take the time to personalize each email so that it shows that you have an genuine interest in being a part of their show. Address the recipient by name, mention something specific about their podcast that resonated with you, and include a link to your website or blog so they can
When you’re a guest on a podcast, it’s important to build rapport with the host. This can be done by asking questions about the host’s life, sharing stories, and talking about common interests. Rapport-building is important because it makes the conversation more enjoyable for both parties and creates a more relaxed atmosphere.
Make the ask
In order to be a guest on a podcast, you will need to reach out to the host and make an ask. This can be done via email, social media, or even in person if you happen to know the host.
When reaching out, be sure to introduce yourself and explain why you would make a great guest on the show. Include links to any past episodes or articles you have done that are relevant to the podcast topic.
Most importantly, don’t be afraid to ask! The worst that can happen is that the host says no, but you’ll never know unless you try.
Suggest some topics
Podcasts are a great way to connect with new audiences and build your brand. If you’re interested in being a guest on a podcast, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of being selected.
First, research the podcasts that align with your brand or niche. Then, reach out to the hosts of those podcasts and let them know you’re interested in being a guest. Be sure to include information about your area of expertise and why you think you’d be a valuable addition to the show.
It’s also helpful to have something unique or newsworthy to share with the audience. If you have a new book, product, or service launching soon, be sure to mention it when reaching out to podcast hosts. You can also offer to write an article for the show’s blog or website.
Finally, don’t forget to follow up after your initial contact. Thank the host for their time and continue to send them updates on your latest projects or successes. By staying top of mind, you increase your chances of being invited back as a repeat guest.
Be a Great Podcast Guest
As a general rule, be a great podcast guest by being a great conversationalist. Be engaging, interesting, and enthusiastic. Also, be prepared to talk about your area of expertise or interest. Do your homework before the interview so you can speak intelligently and confidently about the topic at hand. Finally, be respectful of the host’s time and energy – don’t monopolize the conversation or go off on tangents. Follow these tips and you’re sure to be a great podcast guest!
When you’re a guest on a podcast, you need to be entertaining. That’s the bottom line. The host wants their audience to enjoy the show, and if you’re not providing that, you’re not going to be invited back.
So how do you make sure you’re being entertaining? First, remember that it’s not all about you. The best guests are those who are engaging with the host and taking an interest in the conversation. Be prepared to ask questions and share your own thoughts and experiences on the topic at hand.
Second, don’t be afraid to be yourself. If you try to put on a persona that isn’t really you, it’s going to come across as fake and forced. Be natural, be relaxed, and let your personality shine through.
Finally, have fun! If you’re not enjoying yourself, it’s going to show. And if you’re not having fun, why would anyone want to listen?
Give the host what they’re asking for
If you’ve been invited to be a guest on a podcast, it’s because the host thinks you have something valuable to share with their audience. The best way to be a successful guest is to give the host exactly what they’re looking for.
The first step is to find out as much as you can about the podcast. What topics does it cover? Who is the target audience? What format does it follow? The more you know about the podcast, the better prepared you’ll be to give the host what they’re looking for.
Next, reach out to the host and ask if they have any specific questions or topics they’d like you to address on the show. If they do, make sure you’re prepared to answer those questions thoughtfully and thoroughly. Even if the host doesn’t give you any specific direction, come prepared with a few talking points or stories that you think would be of interest to their audience.
Finally, relax and be yourself! The best guests are those who are natural and authentic. If you’re nervous, take a few deep breaths and try to imagine that you’re just having a conversation with a friend. The more relaxed and confident you are, the better your interview will go.
Ask for referral
The best way to get on a popular podcast is to ask for a referral from a friend or colleague who is already a guest on the show. If you don’t know anyone who has been a guest on the show, you can try reaching out to the host directly.
When asking for a referral, be sure to explain why you would be a good fit for the show and what value you could bring to the audience. Include any relevant information about your background, expertise, or accomplishments that would make you an ideal candidate for the podcast.
If you have trouble getting a referral, don’t give up! There are many other ways to get on popular podcasts (see the other sections of this blog post for more tips).